Baked Caprese Tomatoes are an easy Italian appetizer that everybody loves! They’re quick & simple to prepare and they look so classy! You can serve them as a topping for toast, too.
- 5 tomatoes, 1/4″ slices (on-the-vine kind or beef steak)
- 20–25 fresh basil leaves
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Slice your tomatoes in 1/4″ slices and place on baking sheet.
- Place 1 slice of fresh mozzarella on each slice of tomato.
- Season with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place 1 fresh basil leaf on each tomato mozzarella slice.
- Put in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes. (or until cheese is melted and slightly browned)
- Serve them up and scarf down! 🙂
Keywords: caprese tomatoes, caprese tomato, tomato recipe, fresh tomatoes recipe, italian appetizer, italian appetizer recipe, easy italian appetizer, baked tomatoes, italian recipe, easy italian recipe