Quick Easy Banh Mi Lettuce Wraps a healthy low carb version of the famous Banh Mi Sandwich! Asian inspired turkey meatballs served on a lettuce wrap with pickled vegetables and sriracha mayo! It’s dinner perfection!
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup daikon radish, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 1/2 cups matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sriracaha
14 cups of lettuce
- To a large mason jar add daikon and carrots.
- To a small bowl add rice wine vinegar, water, sugar and salt. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the vegetables. Cover with a lid and seal. Let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- To a small bowl mix mayo and sriracha until well combined. Set aside.
- To a large bowl add turkey, ginger, garlic, fresh cilantro, green onions, egg white and salt. Using your hands mix everything together so it’s all incorporated. Then form 14 meatballs. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add sesame oil to the pan and then meatballs, you want to hear a sizzle when the meatballs hit the pan. Sear each side for 3-4 minutes, until slightly browned and cooked through.
Assemble Lettuce Wraps:
- To each lettuce cup add one meatball, a tablespoon of pickled vegetables and a drizzle of sriracha mayo.
- Serving Size: 2 lettuce wraps
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 218 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 19 g
- Cholesterol: 50 mg
Keywords: gluten free, turkey, sandwiches, appetizers, banh mi, lettuce wraps, low carb sandwiches, healthy dinner ideas, party food, football food, banh mi sandwich, turkey meatballs,