The BEST Healthy Banana Blueberry Muffins you’ll ever eat! These fluffy moist blueberry muffins are super easy. Made with whole wheat flour and naturally sweetened with applesauce, honey and bananas!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add bananas. Using a fork mash up bananas until just very small lumps are left. Add honey, applesauce, coconut oil, vanilla extract and egg.
- Using a fork mix until combined.
- Next add in whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Using a spatula, mix until wet and dry ingredients are completely combined!
- In a small bowl – combine 1-1/2 cups blueberries & 1 tablespoon of white whole wheat flour & toss to coat.
- Gently fold blueberries into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into muffin pan filling each hole about 3/4 of the way full (line or spray with cooking spray if not using the cupcake liners)
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Serve.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 151
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 166 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 12 mg
Keywords: banana blueberry muffins, healthy blueberry muffins, blueberry muffin recipe, healthy muffin recipes, kid friendly, healthy snack recipes