Grilled Sweet Potato Salad with bacon and a tangy honey mustard dressing. The perfect healthy and delicious side dish this summer!
- 4 sweet potatoes, sliced into 1/4” rounds
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 5 strips of bacon, cooked and diced
- 6 green onions
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium high heat, about 375-400 degrees F.
- To a large bowl add sliced sweet potatoes and drizzle with canola oil. Toss to coat.
- Place sweet potato slices directly on the grill and grill each side for 4 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, place green onions directly on the grill. Grill each side for 2-3 minutes, until slightly charred. Remove from grill and roughly chop.
- Once the sweet potatoes are charred and cooked through, remove those from grill and place in a large bowl.
- To that same large bowl add charred green onions and bacon. Set aside.
- Right before serving, to a small bowl add minced garlic clove, whole grain mustard, dijon mustard, honey, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine everything.
- Drizzle the dressing over the sweet potatoes and gently toss to coat all the potatoes. Serve.
** it’s better served warm but will still be good cold**
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 157
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 150 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 6 mg
Keywords: sweet potato recipes, easy sweet potato recipe, healthy side dish, healthy sweet potato side dish, healthy side dish idea, easy side dishes