This juicy Grilled Flank Steak is easy to make and has a homemade Avocado Chimichurri that is so full of flavor! It’s the perfect steak recipe for a dinner that is ready in less than 20 minutes!
- 2 lb flank steak
- salt & pepper to season
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 avocados, diced
- Heat grill to medium high or 400 degrees.
- To a food processor add, cilantro, oregano, garlic, red wine vinegar, olive oil, lime juice, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- In add small bowl add diced avocado and blended chimichurri sauce. Lightly toss to coat, be careful not to mush the avocado. (you want them to remain diced)
- Season a room temperature flank steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place steak on grill and cook for 4-6 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill, let sit for 2-3 minutes. Slice steak.
- Serve with avocado chimichurri sauce
- Serving Size: 5 oz. steak + avocado chimichurri
- Calories: 444
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 281 mg
- Fat: 32 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 34 g
- Cholesterol: 100 mg
Keywords: flank steak recipe, flank steak with chimichurri, grilled flank steak, grilled flank steak recipe, recipe for grilled flank steak, how to grill flank steak,