A Grilled Chicken Fajita Panini filled with juicy spice-rubbed chicken, grilled peppers and onions, creamy fontina cheese, and zesty chimichurri for the perfect sandwich bite.
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon of ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 2 chicken breasts
- 12 slices of fontina cheese
- 1 loaf of sourdough bread (8 slices)
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 orange pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper to season
- Make chimichurri sauce
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- In a small bowl, add garlic powder, cumin, coriader, smoked paprika, sea salt, and ground black pepper. Mix and season chicken with spice blend on both sides.
- Place chicken on grill and grill each side for 5-6 minutes, or until there is no pink. Remove and let rest for 2 minutes, then thinly slice.
- In the mean time add sliced onions and peppers to a bowl and season with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, sea salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Next, to a grill basket, add peppers and onions. Grill for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the grill.
- To assemble the sandwiches, spread chimichurri sauce on one slice of bread, top with two slices of cheese, sliced chicken, grilled peppers and onions, two more slices of cheese, and top with the other slice of bread. Repeat process for 3 more sandwiches.
- Place sandwich in a panini press and cook until bread is browned and the cheese is melted. Cut in half and serve!
Keywords: panini sandwich, chicken panini, how to make a panini