This Grilled Avocado Caprese Chicken Sandwich is made with crunchy bread, moist chicken and fresh basil pesto! It’s a beautiful looking sandwich that’s easy to make!
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper to season
- 4 mini ciabatta rolls, sliced in half
- 1 large tomato, cut into 4 large slices
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 3 oz. fresh mozzarella, cut into 4 slices
- 6 tablespoons basil pesto
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- Season chicken with salt & pepper on both sides.
- Add chicken to the grill and grill each side for 5-6 minutes, until there is no more pink. For the last minute, add 1 slice of mozzarella to the top of each chicken. Close the grill and let the cheese slightly melt. Remove from grill and let sit.
- Next add ciabatta bread to the grill, place the inside part of the bun on the grill and toast for 1-2 minutes until slightly charred. Remove.
- Assemble the sandwich: spread 1 1/2 tablespoons of pesto on the bottom bun, place the grilled chicken and melted cheese on top of the bottom bun, then a slice of tomato, and a few slices of fresh avocado, add the top bun. Serve!
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 432
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 572 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 44 g
- Cholesterol: 107 mg
Keywords: avocado chicken sandwich, chicken caprese sandwich, chicken sandwich, chicken sandwich recipe, best chicken sandwich, avocado sandwich, grilled chicken sandwich recipe, grilled chicken sandwich