Gluten Free Peppermint Chocolate Cookies make the perfect holiday dessert! These soft pillowy chocolate cookies dipped in chocolate & topped with peppermint are a must make this Christmas!
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cups dark chocolate melting wafers
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a stand mixer add butter and sugar. Beat until creamy.
- Add in the cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat until all the ingredients are combined. Scrap the sides to mix everything if you need to.
- Next add in the egg and vanilla extract. Beat until combined. Then add in the flour and beat until combined.
- The dough should be a good ball rolling consistency, if not, put the dough in the refrigerator for a bit to harden up.
- Scoop into 1″ balls and place on parchment lined baking sheets (or you could use silicon mats, which is what I prefer) about 2″ apart.
- Using your thumb or a teaspoon measure, press each ball in the middle making a slight imprint. This will help cookies flatten out.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cookies sit for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, to a small bowl add chocolate melting wafers. Melt chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring each time until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Dunk each cookie in the chocolate (cover about half of the cookie) and place on parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the chocolate dipped side with crushed peppermint candy.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 98
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 74 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 24 mg
Keywords: chocolate cookies, gluten free cookies, gluten free chocolate cookies, peppermint chocolate, chocolate peppermint, healthy christmas cookies, christmas cookie exchange recipes, holiday recipes, healthy dessert recipes, christmas cookie recipes