These delicious Garlic Herb Smashed Potatoes are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. It’s an easy appetizer recipe that’s filled with fresh garlic and herb flavor!
- 1.5 lbs. baby gold potatoes
- olive oil
- salt to season
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In a small bowl, add garlic cloves, parmesan cheese, and fresh thyme. Mix together and set aside.
- Add potatoes to a pot and fill with water until potatoes are just covered.
- Bring water to a boil, reduce to simmer and simmer for 15 minutes. (or until tender)
- Drain potatoes and place on a baking sheet. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon or your palm, smash the potatoes.
- Drizzle potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with sea, repeat process on the other side.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven and flip.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle each potatoes with the parmesan garlic herb mixture.
Recipe slightly adapted from Love Grows Wild
- Serving Size: 3 potatoes
- Calories: 59
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 47 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 1 mg
Keywords: garlic smashed potatoes, smashed potatoes, smashed potatoes recipe, garlic mashed potatoes, garlic potatoes, garlic mashed potatoes recipe, best potatoes recipe, easy potatoes recipe