These Fluffy Whole Wheat Pancakes are made with a few secret ingredients and topped with a Cinnamon Apple Compote that’s made with honey instead of brown sugar! They’re a delicious, healthy breakfast or brunch.
Whole Wheat Pancakes:
- 1 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Apple Cinnamon Compote:
- 2 apples, peeled and thinly sliced (I used honeycrisp)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- Heat medium skillet to medium high heat, add 2 tablespoons of butter and apples. Stir until butter is melted.
- Add in honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a pinch of salt. Stir and saute apples until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Turn heat off and set aside.
- In a bowl, add white whole white flour, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pecans. Mix together. Add in egg, milk, 1 1/2 tablespoons honey, and 2 tablespoons melted butter. Mix together until completely combined.
- Heat large skillet to medium high heat. Spray for cooking spray. Pour 1/2 cup of batter onto skillet for each pancake.
- Cook each side for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- Repeat process until batter is gone.
- Top pancakes with cinnamon apple compote. Serve with honey or maple syrup.
- Serving Size: 2 pancakes
- Calories: 468
- Sugar: 27 g
- Sodium: 819 mg
- Fat: 22 g
- Carbohydrates: 59 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 90 mg
Keywords: whole wheat pancakes, whole wheat pancakes recipe, homemade pancake batter, homemade pancakes recipe, homemade pancake batter, pancake batter recipe, pancakes from scratch