Egg in a Hole with Basil Pesto is the perfect healthy breakfast recipe that will keep you smiling all morning long. So few ingredients and insanely delicious!
- 12 eggs
- 1 red pepper, sliced whole (in 1/4″ circles)
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced whole (in 1/4″ circles)
- Homemade Basil Pesto
- Heat a large non-stick skillet to medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to pan. Next add pepper rings. Saute for 1 minute.
- Crack one egg in each pepper ring, put cover on pan.
- Saute eggs for 2-3 minutes, for over easy.
- Serve with Basil Pesto.
- Serving Size: 1 egg
- Calories: 190
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 17 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Protein: 8 g
Keywords: egg in a hole, healthy breakfast recipe, healthy breakfast idea, egg recipe, egg recipe for breakfast, easy egg recipe, easy healthy breakfast, easy healthy breakfast recipe