Easy Strawberry Avocado Pasta Salad tossed with fresh arugula, bacon, and a balsamic vinaigrette. The perfect summer salad or side dish to bring for all those backyard BBQ parties!
- 8 oz. TruRoots Ancient Grain Elbow Noodle Pasta
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 3 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt to taste
- Balsamic Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, add balsamic vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, honey, dry basil, salt, and pepper to taste. Whisk until mixture to combined and the oil & vinegar no longer separate. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add TruRoots pasta to boiling water. Stir and let it cook for 2-3 minutes or until your desired tenderness. Immediately remove from the pot, and drain.
- Add noodle to a large bowl and let cool for 2-3 minutes.
- To the noodle bowl add arugula, strawberries, bacon, and garlic powder. Using a spoon mix all the ingredients together.
- Add in the avocado and drizzle with balsamic dressing. Gently toss everything together so it’s all combined and serve!
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 185 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 3 mg.
Keywords: gluten free, salad, 30 minute meal, side dishes, kid friendly, pasta, pasta salad, avocado, fresh strawberry