Easy Hot Spiked Mulled Apple Cider a fun cocktail for the holiday season! This Mulled Cider is filled with cinnamon sticks, star anise, clove, all spice, fresh oranges and a spiced rum to warm you right up!
- 1 gallon unfiltered apple juice or apple cider
- 1 large orange, cut into 1/4″ slices
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 4 star anise
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1″ ginger root, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups spiced rum (I used Captain Morgan)
- To a large 10 qt dutch oven, add apple juice, orange slices, cinnamon sticks, star anise, whole cloves, whole allspice and ginger root. (If you have a spice ball, add clove and allspice to that. It’s easier cleanup after wards.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce to simmer for 2-3 hours.
- Add rum to the apple cider mixture and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Remove fruit and spices from the pot.
(optional: garnish with orange slices, apple slices or spices)
This recipe can be made in a Crock Pot as well. Add all the ingredients (except rum) to the crock pot. Turn Crock Pot to LOW and cook for 2-3 hours. Add rum and cook an additional 10 minutes. Serve.
- Serving Size: 8 oz.
- Calories: 159
- Sugar: 23 g
- Sodium: 1 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: mulled apple cider, spiked apple cider, fall cocktails, mulled cider, party cocktails, holiday recipes, holiday cocktails, thanksgiving recipes, adult beverage,