Learn how to make the Best Crispy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries in minutes! Seasoned with a few spices and cooked to perfection, these sweet potato fries make the ultimate healthy side dish.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (plus more to season after fries come out of air fryer)
- Cut Fries – Peel skin from sweet potatoes. Cut into 1/4″ to 1/2″ slices. (see instructions on how to cut fries)
- Soak Fries – This is a critical step and one that most recipes repeat. But it’s the game changer. Soak your sweet potato fries for at least 30 minutes or up to 60 minutes.
- Pat Dry – After soaking fries, pat them try with a paper towel.
- Season Fries – Add fries to a large bowl. Season with avocado oil, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt and optional cinnamon. Toss to make sure all the fries are evenly coated.
- Air Fry – Heat air fryer to 400°F, allow to heat for 2 minutes. Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Add seasoned sweet potato fries to air fryer. Do NOT crowd the basket. You don’t want them to touch. This could mean you’ll be doing multiple batches, but doing so will ensure you have the perfect fry. Bake for 10-12 minutes, shaking the air fryer basket or flipping the fries halfway through.
- Serve – Remove from the air fryer, season with salt and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Keywords: air fryer sweet potato fries, crispy sweet potato fries, easy air fryer fries