Moist Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread – filled with grated zucchini but will remind you of fudgy chocolate cake. This zucchini bread will quickly become a family favorite.
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup grated zucchini (about 1½ zucchinis), lightly squeeze the liquid from the zucchini
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 8×4 loaf pan by greasing the bottom and sides (you can grease with coconut oil, butter, or PAM cooking spray)
- In a medium bowl, add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg. Whisk together.
- In a large bowl, add maple syrup, unsweetened applesauce, coconut oil, egg, and vanilla extract. Whisk together until smooth.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until everything is combined.
- Fold in the grated zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Add the batter to prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
If you lighting squeeze some of the liquid from the zucchini it allows the bread to cook through but also keep it’s moistness.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 198
- Sugar: 13 g
- Sodium: 246 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 16 mg