This Double Chocolate Banana Bread is incredibly moist, filled with rich chocolate flavor and only 196 calories a slice. The perfect healthy breakfast (or dessert) recipe!
- 3 bananas
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease and flour a 9×5″ loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add banana, coconut oil, applesauce, honey, egg, and vanilla extract. Using a fork smash the bananas, and mix the rest of the ingredients together.
- Next, add in white whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix until dry ingredients are completely incorporated with the wet. Add in mini chocolate chips, fold to combine.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let sit for 5 minutes and serve!
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 196
- Sugar: 15 g
- Sodium: 209 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 31 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 16 mg
Keywords: homemade banana bread, chocolate banana bread, chocolate chip banana bread, chocolate chip banana bread recipe, best banana bread recipe, moist banana bread recipe, best moist banana bread recipe, easy banana bread, easy banana bread recipe