This Crock Pot Potato Corn Chowder is the perfect comfort food! Full of potatoes, corn, poblano peppers, coconut milk and crispy bacon – it’s the ultimate chowder recipe with a southwest flare. Guaranteed to be your new favorite dinner recipe!
- 8 ears of corn, corn removed (about 8–9 cups)
- 5 yukon potatoes, diced
- 6 strips of bacon, diced
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 2 large poblanos, roasted then diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups of vegetable stock
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup of coconut milk (from a can)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Turn two stove burners on medium high. Place poblanos directly on burners. Roast until all sides of the poblano are charred, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove. Let sit to cool down.
- Using a knife gently remove the charred skin off the poblano, then dice the poblanos. Set aside.
- To a large crock pot, add corn, yukon potatoes, red onions, poblanos, ground cumin, smoked paprika, salt, garlic cloves, vegetable stock, and water. Place cover on and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Using a ladle, add 2 cups of the soup from the crock pot to a blender or food processor along with coconut milk. Blend until mixture is smooth and coconut milk is emulsified.
- Add blended coconut milk mixture back to the crock pot along with fresh cilantro and lime juice. Stir and cook for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime preheat a skillet to medium high heat. Add bacon to skillet, cook for 5-7 minutes until slightly crispy. Remove the bacon from pan and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain the grease.
- Serve chowder! Top with bacon, avocado and cilantro.
Keywords: crock pot corn chowder, corn chowder in the crock pot, potato corn chowder, potato chowder, corn chowder recipe, corn chowder, best corn chowder recipe, easy corn chowder