- 1 lb. fettuccini pasta
- 4 mild italian sausages, removed from the sausage case
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow onion, julienned
- 2 cups kale leaves,
- 1 cup grated parmesan reggiano
- 1 cup pasta cooking liquid
- salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta to water and cook until al dente, about 12-13 minutes.
- In the meantime, bring a large skillet to medium high heat. Add sausage to pan and cook until slightly browned, about 5-6 minutes.
- Next, add red pepper, yellow pepper, and yellow onion to the skillet with the sausage. Saute until slightly tender, about 3-5 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking liquid. Drain the rest of the water from the pasta.
- Place the pasta in a large bowl with the cheese and 3/4 cup of cooking liquid. Stir the pasta until the cheese is melted. If you need to make it more “creamy”, add the remaining cooking liquid.
- Then add the sausage, pepper, and kale mixture to the pasta. Gently toss.