Healthy Goat Cheese Asparagus Quinoa Salad – another tasty quinoa recipe to add to your menu! Hearty quinoa tossed with roasted asparagus, garlic and creamy goat cheese.
- 1 bunch of asparagus, bottom 2″ trimmed off
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup tri-color quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 2 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to season
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add asparagus to a baking sheet. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt over asparagus. Toss to coat the asparagus then lay them out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cut into 1/2″ slices. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan add quinoa and water. Bring the water to a boil. Once boiling reduce the heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for 15 minutes or until liquid is evaporated. Once the quinoa is done, fluff with a fork.
- Add quinoa to a medium bowl along with chopped asparagus, pecans, goat cheese, red wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic powder, and salt to season. Toss everything together and serve!
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 143
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 257 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 4 mg
Keywords: quinoa salad, quinoa recipes, gluten free side dishes, gluten free salad recipes, easy salad recipes, easy asparagus recipes, roasted asparagus,