This No-Mayo Creamy Coleslaw for Fish Tacos is crunchy, fresh, and citrusy. Smooth and rich avocado is used instead of mayonnaise making it a healthy taco topping choice.
- 1 avocado, mashed or pureed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- 1 cup of thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1 cup of thinly sliced purple cabbage
- To a medium bowl, add avocado, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt to taste. Using a spoon, mix together until well combined.
- Add in shredded cabbage and gently stir everything together.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 31
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 67 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: slaw for fish tacos, fish taco slaw recipe, recipe coleslaw no mayo