Coconut Panna Cotta:
- 2 cups of full fat coconut milk, separated
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons of raw honey
Mixed Berry Compote:
- 3/4 cup of fresh raspberry
- 1/2 cup of fresh blackberry
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 tablespoon of arrowroot
- Add 1 cup of coconut milk to a medium saucepan along with unflavored gelatin.
- Let sit with heat off for about 10 minutes, until the gelatin starts to become soft.
- Heat saucepan to medium high heat, add remaining 1 cup of coconut milk and honey. Whisk together until ingredients are dissolved.
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in vanilla extract.
- Let panna cotta sit for 10 minutes to cool down.
- Pour coconut mixture into 4-6 serving dishes.
- Cover each dish with plastic wrap, making sure wrap does not touch the coconut mixture. Store in refrigerator for 5 hours or until panna cotta has set.
- In the meantime, in a small saucepan over medium heat add water, honey, and arrowroot. Whisk together.
- Next add in fresh raspberries and blackberries.
- Stir and let simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and store in refrigerator until cooled.
- Serve panna cotta with mixed berry compote.
Panna Cotta slightly adapted from Deliciously Organic