An easy and healthy Spanish-inspired weeknight dinner that is packed with nutrients and loaded with flavor!
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 small spaghetti squashes
- 1 lb of pork chorizo
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 cup of kale
- 15 oz. of Muir Glen diced fire roasted tomatoes
- salt & pepper
- 8 oz. of fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice spaghetti squash in half, and scoop out seeds.
- Season liberally with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place on baking sheet, flesh side up.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven, using a fork scrap the squash until it forms spaghetti like strings.
- Heat a large saute pan to medium high heat, add pork chorizo and cook for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through, breaking up the meat along that way.
- Add in red pepper, yellow pepper, kale, and diced tomatoes. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes, until kale is wilted. Remove from heat
- Pat down the spaghetti squash and fill each boat with the chorizo mixture.
- Top with fresh mozzarella cheese.
- Place assemble spaghetti squash boats under a HIGH broiler for 8 minutes, until cheese is slightly browned.
Keywords: baked spaghetti squash, stuffed squash, chorizo