Thumbprint Cookies are a classic Christmas Cookie around the holidays. These CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY THUMBPRINT COOKIES have a subtle chocolate flavor with a burst of raspberry that you’ll fall in love with!
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam with preserves
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a stand mixer add butter and sugar. Beat until creamy.
- Add in the cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat until all the ingredients are combined. Scrap the sides to mix everything if you need to.
- Next add in the egg and vanilla extract. Beat until combined. Then add in the flour and beat until combined.
- The dough should be a good ball rolling consistency, if not, put the dough in the refrigerator for a bit to harden up.
- Roll dough into 1″ balls and place on parchment lined baking sheets (or you could use silicon mats, which is what I prefer) about 2″ apart.
- Using your thumb, press each ball in the middle making a slight imprint.
- Add 1/2-1 teaspoon of raspberry jam to each chocolate ball imprint.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove cookies from the oven and let cool on a wire rack. Serve!
Recipe adapted from The Curvy Carrot
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 107
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 38 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 24 mg
Keywords: christmas cookies, holiday baking, thumbprint cookie recipe