Soft & Chewy Healthy Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies dunked in Dark Chocolate – the perfect cookie recipe this holiday season. It’s sure to be Santa’s favorite!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 1/2 cup regular oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (heaping) 60% cacoa chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add 1 cup of regular oats to a food processor or blender. Blend until the oat turns into a flour.
- Add oat flour to large bowl along with 1 1/2 cups of regular oats, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl add peanut butter, maple syrup, an egg and vanilla extract. Using a whisk, mix everything together.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Using a spatula, fold all the ingredients together until they are combined.
- Use a cookie scoop or a tablespoon to scoop out dough and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicon baking mat. Gently smash the cookies down.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on cooking rack.
- In the meantime, add chocolate chips to a small flat bowl (a ramekin would work). Place bowl in microwave for 30 second increments, stirring each time until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dunk the bottom half of each cookie in the chocolate and place on a parchment lined baking sheet to cool.
- HINT: to cool quickly and eat faster place the chocolate dipped cookies in the refrigerator until chocolate hardens on the bottom of the cookie
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 141
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 62 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 7 mg
Keywords: cookies from oatmeal, cookies peanut butter, healthy cookies