This Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread is the zucchini bread recipe you’ve been waiting for! It’s moist, healthy, and downright deliciously addicting.
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup grated zucchini (about 1 1/2 zucchinis)
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 8×4 loaf pan by greasing the bottom and sides (you can grease with coconut oil, butter, or PAM cooking spray) Lightly dust with flour and shake out excess flour.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg. Whisk together.
- In a large bowl, add honey, unsweetened applesauce, coconut oil, egg, and vanilla extract. Whisk together until smooth.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until everything is combined.
- Squeeze grated zucchini to remove any excess liquid.
- Fold in the zucchini, chocolate chip, and walnuts.
- Add the batter to prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 258
- Sugar: 19 g
- Sodium: 166 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 34 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 17 mg
Keywords: chocolate chip zucchini bread, zucchini bread recipe, best zucchini bread recipe, easy zucchini bread recipe, easy zucchini bread, how to make zucchini bread