Topped with extra chimichurri, this juicy chimichurri chicken will be your new excuse to fire up the grill this summer. You’ll love it!
- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Make Chimichurri: To a medium bowl, add fresh cilantro, garlic cloves, red wine vinegar, lime juice, olive oil, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes and salt. Mix together and set aside.
- Marinate Chicken: To a medium bowl add chicken thighs. Pour half the of the chimichurri mixture over the chicken thighs and reserve the rest for later. Using tongs, toss the chicken things in the chimichurri until all the thighs are equally covered. Let them marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill Chicken Thighs: Heat grill to medium heat, approximately 325°F-350°F. Place chicken thighs directly on the grill and grill each side for 4-5 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165°F.
- Rest & Serve: Allow thighs to rest for 5 minutes and serve with reserved chimichurri.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken thigh + chimichurri
- Calories: 295
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 163 mg
- Fat: 24 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 16 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: chimichurri chicken, chimichurri chicken thighs, grilled chicken thighs