Spice up your pizza night with this awesome Grilled Chicken Pesto Pizza. Homemade whole wheat pizza dough, crispy grilled chicken and light basil pesto topped with gooey melted cheese. Perfection!
- Make Whole Wheat Pizza Dough.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Season 1 chicken breasts.
- Grill each chicken breast for 5-6 minutes each side, dice up when done.Set aside.
- Sprinkle flat surface (countertop) with whole wheat flour, place pre-made wheat dough on surface and roll out to desired size.
- Spray grill surface with PAM or wipe down with olive oil.
- Place formed pizza dough on grill. Once dough begins to form bubbles it is time to flip, about 4-5 minutes.
- Immediately after flipping the pizza put on the “goodies”: spread the pesto, add about a Tablespoon of cheese (it helps everything stick together), then the diced chicken, julienned red peppers, and the rest of the cheese.
- Close the grill cover and let pizza cook for another 5-6 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
Keywords: grilled pizza recipe, grilled pizza how to, grilled chicken recipe, pesto pizza, pesto pizza with chicken, pesto pizza recipe, homemade pizza, homemade pizza recipe, easy homemade pizza