Spice up your pizza night with a Grilled Chicken Pesto Pizza. Homemade Whole Wheat Pizza Dough, crispy Grilled Chicken, Light Basil Pesto, all topped with gooey melted cheese = perfection!
Clearly you all know by now that I am a grilling fanatic!
Anything that can be thrown on the grill you better believe it will be hitting that grill in t-minus 5 seconds.
Now who doesn’t love pizza? I mean really, the sauce, the gooey cheese, and all your favorite toppings combined to make one delicious bite.
So how can you make that bite even better?
Well, let me tell you.
One of our families favorite things to grill is Pizza.
There is nothing like a grilled pizza, all the smokiness from the grill soaks into the dough and gives it an extra punch of flavor. It is absolutely to die for.
Your gonna want to make the dough yourself. Its easier than you think, but it does take some preparation because it takes an hour for the dough to rise, and I have the perfect Whole Wheat Pizza Dough recipe for the job!
Last week I gave you my fresh homemade basil pesto recipe and today we are putting it to good use!
Just slather the homemade pesto on top of the grilled pizza dough, finish it off with crispy grilled chicken and roasted pepper and call it a night.
If you are looking for a fun unique way to spice up your weeknight family dinner than this Grilled Chicken Pesto Pizza is it! All has all the yummy fresh flavors of summer put on a pizza!
- Make Whole Wheat Pizza Dough.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Season 1 chicken breasts.
- Grill each chicken breast for 5-6 minutes each side, dice up when done.Set aside.
- Sprinkle flat surface (countertop) with whole wheat flour, place pre-made wheat dough on surface and roll out to desired size.
- Spray grill surface with PAM or wipe down with olive oil.
- Place formed pizza dough on grill. Once dough begins to form bubbles it is time to flip, about 4-5 minutes.
- Immediately after flipping the pizza put on the “goodies”: spread the pesto, add about a Tablespoon of cheese (it helps everything stick together), then the diced chicken, julienned red peppers, and the rest of the cheese.
- Close the grill cover and let pizza cook for another 5-6 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.