These Chicken Enchiladas smothered in a Poblano Cream Sauce will quickly become a family favorite. If you’re looking for a flavorful recipe these Chicken Enchiladas are it – they’re the ultimate healthy Taco Tuesday meal!
Poblano Cream Sauce:
- 3 poblanos, halved
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper to season
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 10 corn tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups shredded chicken breast (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup shredded monterrey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line and baking sheet or baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place poblanos, onions and garlic in a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from the oven and place in a food processor or blender. Also add water, cilantro, plain greek yogurt, honey and cumin. Blend until smooth.
- Reduce the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 13×9″ baking dish spread out 1/4 cup of the poblano cream sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- To a large bowl add shredded chicken, 1 teaspoon of cumin and 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika. Mix the spices with the chicken using a fork.
- Wrap corn tortillas in a wet paper towel and place in microwave for 2-3 minutes. (the tortillas are my pliable when they are warm)
- Add 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture to the end of the warmed corn tortilla. Gently roll the tortilla and place in prepared baking dish seam side down. Repeat process with the remaining tortillas.
- Pour the remaining poblano cream sauce over the top. Cover with tin foil.
- Place enchiladas in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove enchiladas from the oven and top with cheese. Bake another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and gooey.
- Garnish with desired toppings. (I used charred corn, radishes, tomatoes, avocado, and jalapeno)
- Serving Size: 2 enchiladas
- Calories: 236
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 271 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 31 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 26 mg
Keywords: rotisserie chicken recipe, chicken enchiladas, gluten free recipes, simple chicken recipes, baked chicken recipes, poblano cream sauce, easy dinner ideas, mexican recipes