This Butternut Squash Chicken Flatbread Pizza is made with balsamic caramelized onions and goat cheese. Your pizza night just got so much better!
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups diced butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- salt to season
- 1 flatbread
- 1/2 cup shredded chicken (i used rotisserie)
- 2 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons diced walnuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat a medium skillet to medium high heat. Add butter and sliced onions. Saute until onions are caramelized, about 10-15 minutes. Add balsamic vinegar, cook for 2 minutes and set aside.
- In the meantime, to another skillet add grape seed oil and butternut squash. Saute until slightly browned, about 5-7 minutes. Set aside.
- Place flatbread on a baking sheet.
- Evenly spread caramelized onions on the crust. Sprinkle crumbled goat cheese on top of the onions. Next evenly spread the shredded chicken, the butternut squash and walnuts on top.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, until crust is slightly crispy.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh thyme.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 307
- Sugar: 8 g
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 14 g
- Cholesterol: 37 mg
Keywords: flatbread pizza recipe, chicken pizza recipe, homemade pizza recipe, homemade pizza, healthy homemade pizza, easy homemade pizza, best homemade pizza, healthy pizza recipe