These juicy BBQ Chicken Burgers with Caramelized Onions are easy to make and perfect for summer parties. Everyone will love how flavorful these ground chicken burgers are!
- 1.25lbs. of ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 egg
- salt & pepper
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 4 whole wheat buns
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 leafs of butter lettuce
- 1–2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- BBQ Sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays Honey BBQ)
- Heat a medium skillet to medium high heat, add olive oil and sliced onions. Saute onions for 10 minutes, stirring on occasion. Add butter, salt, and pepper. Stir until butter is melted and soaked into onions, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix, ground chicken, egg, oregano, salt, and pepper. Using your hands mix until it is all combined. Form into four patties.
- Heat the grill to medium high heat, spray grates with PAM or rub with olive oil. Add chicken patties to the grill.
- Grill for 4 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Remove from grill, let sit while you toast the buns.
- Add buns to grill, inside on the bun face down. Grill for 1 minute, remove from grill.
- Assemble burger: bottom bun, lettuce, 2 slices of tomato, chicken burger, 2-3 slices of avocado, 1-2 tablespoons of caramelized onions, 1-2 tablespoons of bbq sauce, top bun.
Keywords: bbq chicken burgers, chicken burgers for bbq, chicken burgers on bbq, chicken burgers recipe, recipe for chicken burgers, ground chicken burgers, ground chicken burgers recipe, recipe for ground chicken burgers, homemade burger recipe