This crostini is topped with crispy pan-seared Italian Sausage, whipped Goat Cheese with a hint of garlic, and finished off with a caramelized balsamic shallot relish.
- loaf of ciabatta bread, halved lengthwise (you will have to long pieces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, peel removed and halved
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, diced
- 4 oz. goat cheese, softened
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 italian sausages
- 1/4 cup chives, diced
- optional: balsamic reduction to drizzle on top
- Preheat oven to 400.
- To make the Balsamic Shallot Relish: In a small bowl, add shallot and 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. Toss to coat. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place shallots on a baking sheets or baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and roughly chop. Add chopped shallots to a small bowl with remaining tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, pinch of salt, and fresh thyme. Toss to mix. Set aside.
- To make the whipped goat cheese: add goat cheese, cream cheese, and garlic powder to a food processor. Blend until smooth and combined. (if you don’t have a food processor put everything in a bowl and use a hand mixer) Set aside.
- To make the italian sausage: heat a medium skillet to medium high heat. Add italian sausage, cook sausage for 3-4 minutes on each side (all four sides) until browned on all sides. Remove and let sit.
- To make the bread: Preheat oven to high broiler. Drizzle olive oil on the inside of the bread. Place on a baking sheet and place under broiler for 4 minutes.
- Remove bread from the oven.
- Slice Italian Sausage into 1/4″ coins
- Assemble the Crosinis: Spread the goat cheese mixture evenly on each loaf, top with balsamic shallot relish, and italian sausage. Garnish with chives and more fresh thyme.
- Slice and serve!
- Optional: drizzle with homemade balsamic reduction for a fancy finish
- Serving Size: 1 crostini
- Calories: 333
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 586 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 12 g
- Cholesterol: 22 mg