Easy Avocado Turkey Burger topped with creamy fontina cheese, spicy arugula and a tart Cranberry Chutney. This juicy turkey burger packs a punch in the flavor department!
- 2 cups cranberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
Avocado Turkey Burgers
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 6 fontina cheese slices
- 6 tablespoons spicy mayonnaise
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 1 1/5 cups arugula
- 6 buns
- To a small saucepan, add cranberries, orange juice, orange zest and maple syrup.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally. About 5-7 minutes.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and continue to cook until the cranberries burst and begin to break down until they for a sauce. Approximately 10 minutes. You can smush them with a spoon if you’d like.
- Remove from heat and place in the refrigerator to cool for 15 minutes or so.
Avocado Turkey Burger:
- Heat a grill to medium high heat, about 350°F-400°F.
- Form ground turkey burgers into six 1/3 lb burgers. Season with salt, pepper. Place burgers on grill for 4 minutes per side. Place fontina cheese on each burger and let melt for 15 seconds. Remove from grill and let rest.
- Toast buns for 30 seconds to 1 minute per side.
- Assemble Burgers: bottom bun, 1 tablespoon of spicy mayo, mashed avocado, turkey burger, cranberry chutney and arugula.
Keywords: turkey burger recipe, avocado turkey burger, best turkey burger recipe, turkey burger