This quick and easy Avocado Bruschetta puts a fun and refreshing spin on one of your favorite Italian appetizers! Crispy French bread is cut into slices, toasted until golden, rubbed with garlic cloves, then topped with a fresh and flavorful mixture of tomatoes, avocado, basil and more.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- French Bread (slice ½” thick)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1/2 cups of diced cherry tomatoes
- 3 avocados, diced
- 1/2 cup of basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan and swirl around. Immediately add as much sliced bread to the pan as you can in a single layer.
- Let bread toast for 1-2 minutes until slightly browned. Flip and toast on the other side for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove bread from the pan and immediately rub a whole raw garlic clove on each slice of toast. (I usually go back and forth 3-4 times with the clove then move to the next bread)
- Repeat the entire process until all the bread is toasted.
- To a large bowl add cherry tomatoes, avocado, basil, olive oil, garlic, white balsamic vinegar and salt to taste. Toss everything together until combined.
- Serve on prepared toast.
- Makes 8-10 slices.
- To Store: It’s best to only toast the bread you know will get eaten. Any leftover bruschetta topping can be refrigerated in an airtight container for 2-3 days. The avocado will begin to brown after a day or so, but the topping will still taste divine.
- Serving Size: 2-3
Keywords: bruschetta bread, how to make bruschetta, italian appetizers