Almond Butter Vegan Brownies – the ultimate fudgy brownie that’s insanely easy to make and loaded with intense chocolate flavor! I guarantee these super moist paleo brownies will be a hit with the fam!
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey (use agave or maple syrup for vegan)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup extra dark chocolate chips (60-70% cacao)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper. (leave an overhang on the sides so it’s easier to remove the brownies when done baking.
- To a medium bowl add almond flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, baking soda and salt. Whisk together. Set aside.
- To a small bowl add almond butter, almond milk, apple sauce, honey and vanilla extract. Whisk together.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Using a spatula mix everything together. Fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- Pour the almond brownie batter to prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Optional: serve with coconut milk vanilla ice cream.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 93
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 159 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: dessert, kid friendly, gluten free, vegan