This 30 Minute Pita Pizza is so easy to make and even more delicious! Made with balsamic vinegar, caramelized onions, arugula and more, this is the perfect healthy pizza recipe.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 4 oz. of goat cheese
- 2 cups of fresh arugula
- 4 whole wheat pita breads (or flatbreads)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Add cherry tomatoes to a baking sheet, season with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes, remove when finished.
- In the meantime, heat a medium saute pan to medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to pan along with the onion.
- Saute for a good 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Season onions with salt & pepper and add balsamic vinegar.
- Stir and saute another 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat of oven to 350.
- Place pita bread on baking sheet, top each pita with 1/3 cup of caramelized onion and 1 oz. of crumbled goat cheese.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top each pita with cherry tomatoes and 1/2 cup of arugula.
Keywords: healthy homemade pizza, healthy pizza recipe, healthy pizza toppings, easy pizza recipe, veggie pizza recipe, vegetable pizza recipe, vegetable pizza, veggie pizza, veggie pizza recipe, easy healthy dinner