Zesty Chimichurri Burgers topped with creamy avocado and roasted poblanos are the perfect bold flavored burger for the summer!
For the Burgers:
- four 1/4 lb. patties (use lean 90/10 ground beef)
- salt & pepper to season
- 4 whole wheat buns
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 poblano pepper, roasted and then sliced
- 1 sweet onion, 1/2″ slices
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 avocados
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium high heat, about 375-400 degrees F.
- In a small food processor add, garlic clove, fresh cilantro, red wine vinegar, lime juice, olive oil, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes and salt, and pepper to taste. Blend until the cilantro is minced and the mixture turns to a sauce. Set aside.
- In the meantime, season both sides of beef patties with salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Brush the poblano pepper and onion slices with canola oil.
- Place the poblano pepper and onion slices on the grill.
- Grill each side of the poblano pepper for 3-4 minutes, until charred. Remove from grill. Wrap poblano pepper in plaster wrap and let side for 5 minutes. Then remove charred skin with hands. Remove seeds and thinly slice the poblano.
- Grill each side of onion slices for 3-4 minutes. Set aside grilled onions aside with poblano slices.
- Next, place burgers on the grill. Grill each side for 3-4 minutes.
- Toast the wheat buns on the grill, about 2 minutes per side.
- To assemble the burgers: bottom bun, sliced tomatoes, beef burger, grilled onions and poblano peppers, sliced avocado, and drizzle with chimichurri sauce then finish with top bun.
Keywords: homemade burgers, burgers patties, chimichurri