This Whole30 Creamy Garlic Salmon is the perfect easy dinner recipe for all you garlic lovers. Tender flaky salmon nestled in a dairy free lemon garlic cream sauce for the perfect bite – done in 30 minutes!
- 4 (4-6oz) salmon filets
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 whole head of garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 15 oz. can of full fat coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Pat salmon filets dry with a paper towel. Season flesh side with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of ghee and add salmon to skillet skin side down.
- Pan sear salmon for 4-5 minutes. Gently flip salmon and sear on the flesh side for 2 minutes. Remove salmon from pan and let rest of a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium, then immediately add remaining tablespoon of ghee and all of your whole garlic cloves. Saute cloves for 3-4 minutes, stirring around the pan occasionally to brown the outside.
- Once garlic is slightly browned, add yellow onion to pan. Saute for 1-2 minutes, until translucent.
- Next, add in chicken broth, lemon juice and fresh thyme. Stir and bring to a simmer, reduce by the mixture by half.
- Slowly add in coconut milk and stir until combined. Season with salt to taste.
- Add salmon back to pan and simmer for an additional 2 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley or basil and serve!
- Serving Size: 1 salmon filet + sauce
Keywords: garlic salmon recipe, whole30 salmon recipe, creamy garlic salmon