This Creamy Tuscan White Bean Soup with Sausage comes together in 30 minutes. It’s the perfect quick and easy dinner when you’re looking for something hearty and healthy – filled with spinach, carrots, white beans and sausage for one comforting bite!
- 1 lb. ground italian sausage
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cup of carrots, cut into coins
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cans of white kidney beans (or cannellini), drained and rinsed
- 5 cups of vegetable broth
- 14 oz. can of full fat coconut milk
- 6 oz. of fresh spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add italian sausage to the pan and cook until browned. Using a wooden spoon chop up sausage into smaller pieces during the cooking process.
- Next add in onion, celery, carrots, red pepper and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and onions are translucent. Then add in thyme, basil, oregano and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
- Next, add in white kidney beans and vegetable broth. Cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Lastly, add coconut milk and spinach to the pot. Stir until coconut milk is mixed in completely. Cook until spinach is wilted.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 373
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 1204 mg
- Fat: 22 g
- Saturated Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 17 g
- Cholesterol: 40 mg
Keywords: white bean soup, white bean soup recipe, tuscan white bean soup, white bean sausage soup, white bean and spinach soup, sausage soup recipe, sausage soup, spinach soup, spinach soup recipe, homemade soup recipe, healthy soup recipe