This Vegetable Stirfry over Quinoa is a healthy and delicious recipe that’s easy to make. It’s so fresh and lightweight – true feel good food!
- 1 cup of carrots, julienned
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 8 oz. of baby portobello mushrooms, quartered
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T.fresh ginger, minced
- 1/3 cup Kikkoman low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 T. sesame oil
- 1 T. rice wine vinegar
- 1 T. flour
- Chop up your vegetables.
- Heat wok or large skillet to medium high heat, add 2 T. of sesame oil, ginger, and garlic. Saute for 30 seconds, don’t let the garlic burn.
- Add in the carrots, red pepper, and yellow pepper. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms, broccoli, and zucchini. Saute for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cover and let sit for 6-8 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together low sodium soy sauce, chicken stock (or vegetable stock), red pepper flakes, dry mustard, sugar, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar. In another small bowl, mix 1 T. of flour and 1 T. of water together. Add to stirfry sauce mixture. (this will help thicken the sauce)
- Remove cover and add in stirfry sauce and green onions. Stir together. Put cover back on for one more minute and you are good to go. 🙂
- For the Quinoa, just follow the simple instructions on the package.
Keywords: veggie stirfry, veggie stir fry, vegetable stir fry, vegetable stirfry, vegetable stir fry recipe, veggie stir fry recipe, veggie stirfry recipe, how to make stir fry, homemade stirfry