The most Epic Vegan Sweet Potato Chickpea Curry Recipe you’ll ever make! A creamy and filling chickpea curry that’s gluten free, dairy free and only takes 30 minutes to make.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 4 cups diced sweet potatoes
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 14 oz. can low sodium chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 14 oz. can full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 3 cups baby spinach
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and to taste
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat.
- Add avocado oil to the pan along with onion. Saute until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Then add minced ginger and garlic to the pan. Saute for 30 seconds, until it becomes fragrant. Next, add red curry paste, stir around and cook for 1 minute.
- Now add in sweet potatoes to the curry mixture. Toss to coat the sweet potatoes with curry and saute for 2 minutes. Then add in carrots, chickpeas, coconut milk and vegetable broth to the pan. Stir around and cover. Let simmer for 15 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Then add in lime juice, spinach, salt and pepper to taste. Cook until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes. Finish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve over cauliflower rice, jasmine rice or quinoa.
Recipe adapted from The Kitchn
- Serving Size: 1 cup (does not include rice)
- Calories: 280
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 369 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: chickpea curry, chickpea curry recipe, coconut curry, sweet potato curry recipe, how to make curry, vegan chickpea curry, easy vegan recipes, healthy vegetarian recipes