These 5 ingredient Vegan Almond Butter Cups are easy to make and a delicious healthy version of the popular candy! Creamy almond butter smooshed in between two layers of dark chocolate, can’t get any better than that!
For the Almond Butter Filling:
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
For the Chocolate Mixture:
- 11.5 oz. extra dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 24 raw almonds
- Add cupcake liners to a cupcake/muffin tin.
- To a medium bowl add almond butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Using a whisk, mix until smooth and all ingredients are combined. Set aside.
- Place dark chocolate and coconut oil in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of boiling water to melt. The bottom of the bowl should not touch the water. Continue to stir until the chocolate is all melted.
- Add a tablespoon of melted chocolate to each cupcake liner. Place in freezer for two minutes, until slightly frozen.
- Remove from the freezer and place 1 scoop of the almond butter mixture in the center of each chocolate filled cupcake liner.
- Top each filled cupcake liner with remaining chocolate. Then garnish each almond butter cup with 2 raw almonds.
- Place in freezer to harden.
- Remove and garnish with course sea salt. Serve
- ***Store in air tight container in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 202
- Sugar: 13 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: almond butter cookies, almond butter cups, chocolate almond butter cups