Crispy Korean BBQ Baked Chicken Wings covered in a sweet, spicy and savory chili garlic BBQ Sauce that will change the way you think about wings forever.
- 2 -3 lbs. chicken wings (drumettes and wingettes)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon chinese five spice
- salt & pepper to season
- garnish: black and white sesame seeds, sliced green onions
Korean BBQ Sauce:
- 1 asian pear, skin removed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
Korean BBQ Sauce:
- In the meantime, add asian pear, sesame oil, chili garlic sauce, honey, rice wine vinegar, tamari sauce, minced garlic and minced ginger to a blender. Blend until asian pear is pureed and sauce is smooth.
- Pour sauce into a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- To a small bowl add water and cornstarch and stir to create a slurry. Once sauce is boiling add cornstarch slurry to the sauce and stir. Allow to simmer for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Add chicken to a large bowl. Pat chicken dry.
- Drizzle with avocado oil of the wings, chinese five spice, salt and pepper. Toss to coat all the chicken.
- Place chicken on a wire rack lined baking sheet. (if you don’t have a wire rack, use parchment paper)
- Bake for 40 minutes, flipping the chicken after 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken wings from the oven. Turn the Broiler on to HIGH.
- Place chicken under broiler for 8-10 minutes, until browned.
- Once chicken is done add to a large bowl. Pour korean bbq sauce over the top and toss to coat all the wings with the sauce.
- Garnish with black and white sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
Keywords: korean bbq chicken wings, baked chicken wings, super bowl food, korean bbq sauce, chicken wing dip, chicken wings recipe, how long to bake chicken wings, how to bake chicken wings