Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes with Oatmeal Pecan Streusel – a healthy alternative to that Sweet Potato Casserole! A perfect gluten free Thanksgiving side dish that’s sure to please a crowd!
- 5 sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
Oatmeal Pecan Streusel:
- 1 1/2 cup regular oats (gluten free)
- 1 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub and pat dry 5 sweet potatoes. Prick each potato with a knife a couple times. Bake in the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes.
- To a food processor add 1/2 cup of oats. Blend until the oats turn to a powder or a flour consistency.
- To a small bowl add oat flour, oats, pecans, maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon and salt. Using a fork mix until everything is combined. Set aside.
- Remove sweet potatoes from the oven. Slice in half and scoop the potato out. Place sweet potato insides in a large bowl, mix with milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and pinch of salt.
- Using a hand mixer blend until smooth.
- Place sweet potato mixture back inside potato skins. Top with streusel.
- Place back in oven for 15 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 twice baked sweet potato
- Calories: 197
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 42 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 1 mg
Keywords: baked sweet potato, sweet potatoes in oven, stuffed sweet potatoes