Cheesy Turkey Enchilada Stuffed Peppers filled with tex-mex flavor and covered in melty cheese. These gluten free Stuffed Peppers make an absolutely delicious healthy weeknight dinner for the family.
- 1 tablespoon grape see oil
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 14 oz. can low sodium black beans
- 14 oz. can low sodium fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup mild red enchilada sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt to taste
- 4–5 bell peppers, halved
- 8–10 tablespoons shredded mexican cheese
- Optional Garnish: sliced avocado, diced red onion, fresh cilantro, green onions, or jalapeños
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut bell peppers in half. Remove seeds and membranes. Place on a baking sheet or in a 9×13″ pan.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add grape seed onion and onions. Saute until onions are translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Next add in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds, until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add in the ground turkey. Cook turkey until no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes.
- Then add in the black beans, diced tomatoes, enchilada sauce, crushed red pepper flakes, fresh cilantro and salt to taste. Stir and let cook for 2-3 minutes until all the flavors are combined.
- Stuff each pepper with the ground turkey enchilada mixture. Cover the pan with tin foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove peppers from oven. Remove the tin foil.
- Top each pepper with 1 tablespoons of shredded mexican cheese. bake for 3 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with desired toppings: sliced avocado, diced red onion, fresh cilantro, green onions, or jalapeños
- Serving Size: 2 peppers
- Calories: 343
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 1618 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 27 g
- Cholesterol: 72 mg