- 1 lb. Pappardelle Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 italian sausages
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 10–12 mini sweet bell peppers, sliced
- 28 oz. Muir Glen crushed fire roasted tomatoes
- salt & pepper to season
- sliced basil for garnish
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat.
- Add in olive oil and italian sausage, cook for 3-4 minutes on all four sides of the italian sausage. You will want it to be browned on all sides. Remove from the pan and let cool.
- Into the same pan, immediately add in red onions. Stir and saute for 4-5 minutes until slightly caramelized.
- Add in garlic and mini bell peppers, saute for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in crushed tomatoes, stir and let simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- In the meantime bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add in pappardelle pasta and cook until al dente, about 11-13 minutes.
- Drain pasta and place in large bowl.
- Slice italian sausage and place in pepper tomato sauce, toss and then place over pappardelle pasta.
- Gently toss the sauce and pasta together so everything is coated.
- Garnish with fresh basil or shaved parmesan cheese.
- Serving Size: 1 - 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 362
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 172 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 31 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 15 mg