This Paleo Avocado Chicken Salad is a creamy and healthy chicken salad recipe that’s mayo free. Learn how to make this low-carb chicken salad with avocado, dijon mustard, onion, celery, lemon juice and fresh basil. It’s packed with flavor and perfect for meal prep!
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- salt and pepper to season
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 1/3 cup finely diced celery
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Season both sides of chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add in avocado oil and seasoned chicken breast.
- Cook chicken breast for 4-6 minutes per side, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes. Shred chicken breast.
- Add shredded chicken breast to a large bowl along with mashed avocado, celery, red onion, dijon mustard, lemon juice, basil, cumin and garlic powder. Using a spoon, mix everything together until well combined.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 147
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 180 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 14 g
- Cholesterol: 33 mg
Keywords: avocado chicken salad, paleo chicken salad