Wondering how to cook black beans in the Instant Pot? This easy no soak method will save you time and money. An easy Mexican Black Beans Instant Pot Recipe that’s super flavorful and made in the pressure cooker in just 45 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 lb. dry black beans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- juice of 1 lime
- Set instant pot to Saute mode.
- Add in grape seed oil and onions to the pot. Saute for 2-3 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- Next add in garlic. Saute and stir for 30 seconds, until garlic is fragrant.
- Immediately add fresh cilantro and red pepper, saute for 2 minutes.
- Add in dried black beans, cumin, ancho chili powder, smoked paprika and salt. Saute for 1 minute, stirring the entire time to incorporate all the spices with the other ingredients.
- Pour in the water and salsa verde.
- Cancel the Saute mode and set to Pressure Cooker mode.
- Cover and cook on HIGH pressure for 40 minutes.
- Do a natural release. Add lime juice to the beans and stir. (Add more salt if needed.)
- Serving Size: 1/3 cup
- Calories: 81
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 105 mg
- Fat: 1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: mexican black beans, black bean recipes, how to make instant pot black beans, cinco de mayo recipes, cooking black beans, dry beans instant pot