The Ultimate Easy Beef Enchilada Recipe with a smoky enchilada sauce and covered in cheese! These Beef Enchiladas scream comfort food – a homemade recipe that’s perfect for a crowd and guaranteed to please!
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 1/2 cup finely diced yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lb. grass feed ground beef
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup diced fresh cilantro
- 8–10 mission brand whole wheat & corn tortilla
- 12 oz. red enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 cup mexican cheese
- optional garnish: cilantro, avocado, diced tomato, pickled onions or sliced jalapeno
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat.
- Add grape seed oil to the pan alone with onions. Saute until translucent, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add in garlic cloves, saute for 30 seconds and add in ground beef.
- Saute ground beef for 5-7 minutes, chopping up meat with a wooden spoon or potato masher. Add cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, ancho chili powder, salt, lime juice and cilantro. Stir to mix everything together and saute fro 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce to the bottom of a 13×9″ casserole dish. Spread across entire bottom of the dish.
- Assemble enchiladas: to a tortilla add 1/3 cup of meat mixture to the center and top with a pinch of cheese. Fold up and place the filled tortilla seam side down in prepared casserole dish. Repeat process until tortillas and meat mixture is used up.
- Top with remaining enchilada sauce and then top with remaining cheese.
- Place enchiladas in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven when cheese is melted.
- Serve as is or garnish with cilantro, avocado, diced tomato, pickled onions or sliced jalapeno.
- Serving Size: 2 enchiladas
- Calories: 536
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 1597 mg
- Fat: 27 g
- Saturated Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 44 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 35 g
- Cholesterol: 86 mg
Keywords: beef enchilada recipe, ground beef enchiladas, how to make beef enchiladas, homemade enchiladas, easy enchilada recipe, cinco de mayo food, healthy enchiladas, mexican enchiladas,