These are the BEST Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies ever! Soft, thick & chewy vegan cookies filled with chocolatey goodness. My absolute favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe & so easy to make you don’t even need a mixer.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, solid (make sure it is not melted)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste (use vanilla extract if you don’t have paste)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (use vegan chocolate chips if you want fully vegan)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a large bowl add coconut oil, brown sugar, and vanilla bean paste. Whisk together until well combined, will look like a thick paste.
- Then add in the coconut milk and applesauce. Continue to whisk until well combined; set aside.
- To the same bowl, add in the whole wheat flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, gently mix (so the flour doesn’t fly everywhere) then continue to mix until the flour is completely combined and there are no dry patched. (FYI – The batter will be very thick!)
- Lastly, add in chocolate chips. Mix so the chocolate chips are evenly distributed through the batter.
- Scoop two tablespoon sized mounds of dough into your hand and form into a ball. Place ball onto prepared cookie sheet and slightly press down. Repeat for each cookie. Leave a few inches between each cookies for spreading.
- Bake cookies for 9 to 10 minutes (mine are perfect at 9 minutes), or until the edges are golden.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer them to a cooling rack.
Recipe slightly adapted from Baker by Nature
Keywords: vegan chocolate chip cookies, vegan cookies, vegan cookie recipes, best vegan chocolate chip cookies, vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe, easy vegan chocolate chip cookies